Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff[_2_] Brian Gaff[_2_] is offline

Default Spontaneous shattering of double glazed panels

I was just thinking that myself, but another thought struck me, is there
any gass put in these units that might expand, and is the inner glass the
same thickness and type as the outer one is?

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
wrote in message
On Thursday, May 22, 2014 10:04:59 AM UTC+1, Dave Chapman wrote:
A couple of days ago we were sitting quietly in the conservatory when
there was a loud bang and the inner glass of one of the other
double-glazed roof panels exploded and loads of fragments of glass
showered down around us.

As well as having the company inspect all the remaining panels, I would
think about fitting an adhesive safety film to hold the pieces together
if/when another panel fails.

Owain