Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Predictions on all the freon leaked out (followup two)

On Thursday, May 22, 2014 10:02:51 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Return to the house. Brought my brushes, shop

vac, cleaning chemicals. HO provided electricity

through a window and around. And garden hose.

Pull the unit apart. Brush and vacuum the dry coils.

Apply coil cleaner, and wait. Rinse, repeat.

Set thermostat for cooling, and weigh in 1# 8z

of R22. Suction pressure about 19 PSIG. Didn't

read the high side.

Indoors ambient 73, vents about 64.

They will run for a couple days, and see if the

freon holds. I suspect it will.

Advised customer, that's not really enough R22 to

be proper, but we'll test it for a couple days and

see if it all leaks out. Yes, I beeped for leaks.

No, I didn't find any leaks.

If there are no leaks, where did all the freon go?