Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+ Tim+ is offline

Default Spontaneous shattering of double glazed panels

RobertL wrote:
On Thursday, May 22, 2014 10:04:59 AM UTC+1, Dave Chapman wrote:

Are these units fixed into a rigid frame? I once worked in building
where the (approx 2m x 3m) DG panels would sometimes do this and it was
thought to be due to the building structure moving slightly and stressing the panels.

Robert

I wonder if the original fitter has used the wrong packing pieces leaving
no room for the glass to expand. Given your history of problems I think
you'd be justified in asking the company to inspect the fitting of all the
glass in the frames.

Tim