Bill Rubenstein

Default Stubby S750 vs Oneway 2016/2416

In article ,
says...
(Tim Yoder) wrote in message . com...
I went through the same decision making process. I was fortunate
enough to get to turn on both a Oneway and a Stubby 750. Both machines
are great but the Stubby fit my needs better. It takes up less space
and has a much larger swing than the Oneway. I especially liked the
ability to hollow out a bowl or vessel without having to lean over the
bed of the lathe.

If you are like me, you have looked over the entire web to see good
shots of the Stubby. They are out there but hard to find. In order to
help the next potential Stubby owner I just posted an article about my
Stubby on our club's website
www.wneo.com. The direct link to the
article is http://www.wneo.com/stubby_1000_lathe.htm

I wound up getting the 1000 because some members of the Stubby group
mentioned that they liked having the 20" swing over the bed. It gives
them that extra room for those out of round blanks and offset
turnings. The 1000 also gives you a 44" inboard swing with the bed
pulled back. Don't think I will test that anytime soon but I know if I
have the urge I won't have to upgrade to find out.

Good luck,

Tim Yoder
yoda325 at cox dot net

"Ray Sandusky" wrote in message ...
Buy the Stubby - I did!

I have had my Stubby for 3 weeks and am loving it! I never dreamed that a
lathe could be so versitile, powerful and comfortable to use. Plus, I must
say that John Jordan is a gem to deal with - no messing around and no
nonsense - he shoots straight and is willing to assist - always.

Ray Sandusky

"MCR" wrote in message
om...
I need your input. I am buying one of the three.

hi, in my opinion its much easier to lean on a lathe and hollow out
rather then trying to balance yourself without any support. so im
rooting for the oneway. simcha.

Sorry but I lean on the lathe more than anybody you know. And, I own a
Stubby.

Bill