Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Dateline Carlsbad, CA

On 5/15/2014 6:10 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Hey Lew - we jab back and forth, but it's not good to hear of these
things.
Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. You guys gotta be
running out
of land to burn with those Santa Ana winds...

"Leon" wrote:

Ditto the well wishes Lew. But what planning has gone wrong that
these natural disasters are becoming such a danger?

An acknowledgement that climate change is for real, is the first step.

The problem with the climate change belief is that this is a repeat
pattern that started way before any one gave any notice. The climate
changes seasonally.

FWIW I believe that most of California has accepted the idea of climate
change and has pretty much put the state into a bad position financially
with no positive results. You can't fix mother nature because she is
not broken.

Perhaps if one did not build in a hot bed to begin with....

Single digit relative humidity, triple digit temperatures and Santa
Ana winds
in excess of 30 MPH are conditions that are expected in September, not
May which is still spring time.

It has been documented that clean air/skys over the oceans give more
fuel to tropical storms. Clean the air over once smog covered areas and
things dry out. The cleaning of the atmosphere is probably the root
cause of the wild fire problems. and drought.