Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Dateline Cochran, GA

On Fri, 16 May 2014 00:27:52 +0000 (UTC), (Edward A.
Falk) wrote:

In article ,
G. Ross wrote:
We got 6 1/2 inches of rain last evening and night. About midnight the
weather radio came on and said there "was the potential of flash
flooding in Cochran and Bleckley County, If you experience flooding
move to higher ground."

Not sure what you're objecting to. Not everybody puts two and two
together and realizes that a lot of rain = potential flood. In fact,
I'd wager that most people don't make that connection unless they've
been told, or witnessed a flood first-hand. And likewise, a lot of
people might not make the connection that a little flooding now
could lead to a lot of flooding in a few hours.

However, how many people who are "experiencing flooding" go to
low-lying areas without such warning?

So it makes perfect sense to broadcast a two-sentence warning on
the radio.

The second sentence is the issue.