Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac,misc.consumers
HomeGuy HomeGuy is offline

Default Predictions on all the freon leaked out and need AC system replaced

Stormin Mormon wrote:

They say that the system had all the freon leaked out, and the
system is shot. They want to replace the entire system.

I am now taking entries for what I will find as the real problem,
or if I will find any real problems.

The freon did not leak out.

It was stolen.

Church A/C units in the USA are prime targets for theft. I'm surprised
they didn't steal the entire unit for scrap value, but stealing the
freon is probably more lucrative.

And no, it's not shot. But HVAC industry is full of criminals that want
to sell you a new system when the real problem is you need to change the
air filter.