Ger

Default Light for small space - battery driven??

Thanks Owain. HHHHhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm.

:-))))))))))))))))))

I love it !!!!!!

Ger

"Owain" wrote in message
"Simon Avery" wrote
| "Ger" wrote:
| G| I have built a small table with a plate glass top.
| G| Underneath the glass top is an area (21"x24") for displaying
| G| shells and the like. I would like to add a hidden
| G| light beneath the glass to enhance the display.
| Have a google for caravan lighting. 12vdc flourescents and all kinds
| of battery lighting. However, they either need hefty batteries or need
| frequent replacement. This is why most display furniture is mains
| operated...
| Two 6v lantern batteries ought to be enough, but chunky. Maybe
| hollowing out the legs and filling with D-cells might work? Maybe add
| a small din plug, use rechargables and "recharge your table" from the
| mains every now and then?

Depending on the floor structure, it might be possible to put small
cross-head screws through the carpet, connected to an underfloor low

voltage
lighting supply. Then have the table legs fitted with metal spikes as used
on hi-fi speakers, connected to the table lights, and put the table on the
powered screws.

Owain