Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default Dental floss

On Tuesday, May 13, 2014 6:52:55 AM UTC-4, NorMinn wrote:
On 5/13/2014 12:18 AM, Higgs Boson wrote:

Found a huge cache of dental floss in a bathroom cabinet long unvisited..

I'd always heard it was very strong, so went on-line and found many sites listing scores of uses from shoelaces to fishing line to repairing cracks in walls, to slicing cakes, and on & on.

This one was clever:

Quiet A Dripping Faucet

This little trick might mean the different between you and a good night's sleep. If your faucet is leaking and it's too late at night to call a plumber, tie a piece of floss at the spout and let it trail down into the basin. This way, the water will simply slide down the string, instead of drip-drip-dripping you awake all night.

HB

Oh! Then I won't have to call the plumber until I drop the floss down

the drain and plug it up? ;o)

We had a "thread" about that a while back, someone retrieved a huge plug of dental floss from his "sew"er.