Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

Default Garage Door Opener Range.

amdx wrote:

On 5/8/2014 1:25 PM, WangoTango wrote:
In article , To-Email-Use-
says...
This new, very well-insulated, foil-backed, house has one drawback...
the garage door opener range with the garage door closed is only about
20'

Any ideas on how I could extend that range?

...Jim Thompson

An external antenna would be the easiest thing.

I'm with you, antenna is the solution.
I'd try cutting a director and reflector to proper lengths
and just hung then in place for a test.
Two pieces of wire could solve his problem.

That will detune the front end since it wasn't designed for a
complex, 50 ohm antenna. Some of the single board controllers have an
etched trace for the antenna. Also, any physical modification voids the
FCC acceptance. Some of these are super regen, and a better antenna will
radiate crap that will cause interference.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

---