Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

Default Garage Door Opener Range.

On Thu, 08 May 2014 09:36:31 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Looks like my opener receiver is part of the whole control board. Do
you know of any stand-alone receivers that can be "trained" to the
remotes built-into automobiles? I think my Q45 remote is Homelink
brand.

I'm not familiar with the Infiniti Q45 or the associated remote.
Normally, I would look at the encoder chip in the Homelink and see if
I can find a receiver that uses the matching receiver chip. However,
Homelink works by cloning the codes from the remote, so all that may
not be necessary. If the visor thing has a picture of a house above
the buttons, it will do rolling code which covers most remotes. Here's
the instructions for the Homelink:
http://infinitihelp.com/diy/common/infiniti_homelink.php
With luck, it might work with your unspecified model garage door
opener.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D