Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim Schwartz[_2_] Tim Schwartz[_2_] is offline

Default Cordless phone NiMH battery packs

On 5/7/2014 9:33 AM, 2phar wrote:
There are a lot of ebay/amazon suppliers of 'no name' 3.6v NiMH battery
packs for cordless phones out of China for $2-$5, but I have my doubts
that these are even NiMH at all, as some I have gotten in the past
haven't lasted a week.

On the other hand, Japanese brand name versions from Mouser etc or big
box stores seems to be north of $20, which is almost as much as buying a
phone itself.

Anyone know of a happy medium here? A lower cost source with acceptable
quality?

TIA!

If you choose the right cordless phones, then they don't need special
packs. The last couple of Panasonic phones I've bought have used 2 NiMH
"AAA" cells. These can be ordered from suppliers like Digikey or
Mouser, of decent quality, and your choice of capacity.

Tim
Bristol Electronics