Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mathew Newton[_2_] Mathew Newton[_2_] is offline

Default Qualcast or Trueshopping hand-push mower (or other)

On Wednesday, May 7, 2014 1:45:55 PM UTC+1, James Harris wrote:

Qualcast is a well-known name in mowers. Trueshopping is a new name to me and
sounds a bit like a novelty seller but the mower has had some good reviews.

Be careful of the Qualcast 'brand' because it is exactly that - a name that is now licencsed for use by others (Argos and Homebase in particular). Likewise with Bosch (mowers at least) - there are many a model out there that are not made in the Bosch UK factory but by a third party in China. These are widely sold in the likes of B&Q and are distinguished by a differing model number suffix.

Have you considered one of Al-ko's push mowers? Plenty of reviews here (average of 4.4/5 over 118 reviews which is pretty positive):

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/al...m-comfort.html

I'm considering one as I've only got 30sqm of lawn with a curved wall at one end and various other obstacles such that a long rotary mower, or cylinder mower with front-mounted grassbox, is likely to be a pain to use for such a small area.

Mathew