Martin Angove

Default [OT] Car insurance craziness

In message ,
"Capitol" wrote:

Huge wrote in message ...
"Capitol" writes:

[40 lines snipped]

please?
Do you think you could give consideration to not top-posting,

You missed the point, that, for all government employees, the pensions
"Capitol" writes:
Huge wrote in message ...

Capitol
Regards
NO!!!!

Not a problem. Unless you wanted me to see your postings, that is.

No, I think, I'd rather you retained your vital delusions of self
importance in telling other people what do! So don't bother to open your
mind to a different viewpoint.
Regards
Capitol

Sorry, Huge has a point on this one:

1: Consistency (bottom, OR top) aids readability. Everyone doing
different makes it very difficult to follow a thread.

2: Bottom posting is the accepted way of doing things in practically
every newsgroup since the year dot. (Ok, "post" posting is more like
it; the principle of replying *after* the bit you are replying to is
what counts)

3: Almost everyone on this ng bottom posts, and many will correct
previous top postings, so the occasional top poster *really* mucks
things up.

4: A short 1 or 2 line top post is often missed (unless I'm unusual)
when there's a large posting history, as I see the history and
automatically page to the first non-indented bit of text (my reader
colours the indents differently, first indent gets green, second red.
Non quoted text is black and thus instantly recognisable).

Having said all that, he did rather bombard you with it, so perhaps he
could have been a bit more gentle.

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove (it's Cornish for "Smith") - ARM/Digital SA110 RPC
See the Aber Valley -- http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/abervalley.html