Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Anti static on vaccuum cleaner

Yes as do horses of course. Fun is felt by other animals.
Near me some years ago there was a field with horses in it. Most of the
time they would be well behaved, but one in particular had a way to wind up
dogs.
It would wait till the dog laid down, then sneak up behind it and poke it
up its bottom with its nose. When the dog got up and looked around for
anyone, it would obviously puzzled as the horse was busy eating grass, so
it would move a few feet and lay down again, and so it went on until
eventually the dog got fed up and wandered off and laid on the other side
of a fence.

Very strange.
Brian

Email:

"Davey" wrote in message
On Sun, 4 May 2014 12:42:11 +0100
"Brian Gaff" wrote:

Simple question. A Bosch cleaner, works fine has the usual convoluted
plastic pipe and a metal telescopic pipeand a plastic brush on the
end. Its most convenient way to be held is by the plastic at the end
of the flexible tube, but on some surfaces, the touching of the metal
pipe after a few seconds not doing so produces an audible crack and a
nasty shock. I also have a Vax which uses the same arrangement, but
does not have this added feature.. So, I know its not dangerous, and
is purely static, but there hasto be a way to make the Bosh, which is
lighter, work like the Vax which is big and cumbersome, and I do not
really want it for spills of stuff like sawdust or whatever. And no I
do not make a habit of taking up sawdust with it.
I did wonder about an inward facing corona discharge pin, or perhaps
a bare wire that pokes out by the brush but do not want to do
something which is pointless.
Brian

OT: In the northern US, where winters are cold and houses very dry, we
used to have a dog who would come up behind us and touch her
nose to the back of one of our knees, and appeared to delight in the
reaction as the static charge caused the victim to involuntarily dance
as the knee collapsed in reaction. Who says dogs don't have a sense of
humour? She did.

--
Davey.