Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default Zero-crossing detector (from seb)

On Sun, 04 May 2014 18:36:25 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

On Sun, 04 May 2014 15:31:10 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Thu, 01 May 2014 14:35:25 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Thu, 01 May 2014 14:25:49 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Thu, 01 May 2014 15:12:23 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

Download all the files into a single folder and then run ZCD7.asc.

John Fields

I recall that one. It has some logic-race bugs.

May well be. Why don't you enumerate them? Be precise. This is
supposed to be what this group is all about.

I did, back when he first posted it.

---
That was a completely different circuit, so why don't you just go
ahead and post the errors you think you see in this one?

John Fields

Looks similar to the other one. It sure has the same hazards, multiple sloppy
async inputs into a clocked state machine.

But the complexity alone makes it absurd as a zcd. It needs a floating 5 volt
power supply, too. By the time you do that, and the clock, you'll be up to 30
parts maybe. Still not isolated!

I real life, that bridge rectifier, loaded by 100K, will not give clean zero
indications.

Try something clean and simple now and then.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...uits/ZCD_4.JPG

But Jim loves yours, and that's all that matters.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc
www.highlandtechnology.com jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation