Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Email effectiveness

On 3 May 2014 17:54:49 GMT, KenK wrote:

philo* wrote in :

A few years back I got almost instant results by writing directly to the
CEO of the company

I used to do that often years ago when I had no success going though
channels when I had a product problem. Usually worked quickly and very
effectively. For example, I wrote the CEO of my former phone company when
for a month or more I couldn't get a repair guy and one showed up in a
couple of days.

Haven't tried it in the past few years though.

Letters to the Editor can work too. I took an adult class that was
given at the high school. Instructor told us that many of the
bathrooms don't work so use care and they have been like that for
years. I found out for myself they were in deplorable condition.

I had my letter published in the morning paper. That afternoon, work
started fixing them. I imagine the Superintendent of Schools in that
city was reading the morning paper and . . . oh ****.