Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Email effectiveness

On Fri, 2 May 2014 12:21:48 -0700 (PDT), Pavel314
wrote:

On Friday, May 2, 2014 2:57:13 PM UTC-4, dpb wrote:
On 5/2/2014 12:27 PM, KenK wrote:

In my experience email is losing its effectiveness. For example, twice this

past week my email to a company with a question/problem was ignored ...

Direct e-mail or thru a web "Contact us" link? I'm not terribly

surprised at an outside email from an unknown domain; I'd be more so if

it were from their own source/link.

Then again, depending on the size of the company and the nature of the

question, I could see response time varying greatly all the way to the

bit-bucket for trivial stuff. I _would_ however, expect an automated

mailer response at a minimum from that route.

--

I've found that some companies respond to emails or the "contact us" forms on their website, but some don't. My guess is that a lot of companies put up websites for advertising but either don't have the staff or understand the need to check their inboxes.

Even worse, with all the "security" being implemented on e-mail, many
messages do not even make it through. Some bounce, so you know -
others either get caught in the spam filter or get put into the trash
- and others simply seem to dissapear.