Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Email effectiveness

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Fri, 02 May 2014 14:45:28 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Hi,
It is not a problem with email itself. email or snail mail if recipient
does not read them and take care of them, no difference. Been long since
I wrote a letter via PO. Also postage got almost doubled lately. When I
send email usually I enable the option to make sure it
is delivered(and read) Also email saves time.

Depends on the reason for writing. Today, a letter printed on a nice
letterhead is likely to be notices more than hundreds of email the
same person may get.
If I want to thank someone, congratulate someone, I'll either type or
had write with a fountain pen. For about a half a buck to deliver it,
I think it is quite a bargain.

Recently, I used email through a web site requesting information. Two
companies failed to respond. This was about hydraulic parts and a
boiler feed pump. OK by me, my money went elsewhere. One purchase
was $2000, the other was $3500.

Hi,
One exception is cards with hand writing for many different occasions.
Being retired almost 20 years now, I am of no importance to any one
any more. Lately many web sites have live chat. Some are very good.