Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Email effectiveness

On Fri, 02 May 2014 14:33:12 -0500, philo* wrote:

I find email to still be quite effective but occasionally use regular
mail if I have someone really important to contact.

A few years back I got almost instant results by writing directly to the
CEO of the company I worked for. A serious problem that had "gone to
committee" was solved instantly and he had the VP call me with a "thank
you". Some of my managers were not too thrilled to hear that I had gone
over their heads but that was tough.

More recently I wrote directly to a major developer in town and much to
my surprise he sent me... via regular mail... a nice hand written note.

Not about email, but a billionaire, iirc, died fairly recently here, and
my friend and I were discussing where he lived. I looked him up in the
phonebook (that is, switchboar.com) and he was listed, with his phone
number, his address, and even the apartment number.

I think he was in his 90's and the idea of an unlisted number was even
stranger for him than for me. Plus aiui, he was a totally honest
businessman, self-made, and probably didn't get phone calls at home from
angry people. People only do that when they get nowhere at someone's
work number.