Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default Email effectiveness

On 05/02/2014 12:27 PM, KenK wrote:
In my experience email is losing its effectiveness. For example, twice this
past week my email to a company with a question/problem was ignored and
I've had to send USPS letters instead. (I prefer such responses in writing
so I have an accurate record.) Hope those get read. This is getting more
and more common.

Evidently the great rise in spam and phish has caused companies to poorly
sort their incoming email or just ignore it unless they recognize the
sender.

The USPS shall rise again!

I find email to still be quite effective but occasionally use regular
mail if I have someone really important to contact.

A few years back I got almost instant results by writing directly to the
CEO of the company I worked for. A serious problem that had "gone to
committee" was solved instantly and he had the VP call me with a "thank
you". Some of my managers were not too thrilled to hear that I had gone
over their heads but that was tough.

More recently I wrote directly to a major developer in town and much to
my surprise he sent me... via regular mail... a nice hand written note.