Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default Telegraph OT

"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 30/04/2014 20:44, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Brian Gaff
writes
Pardon, is this some kind of new dance move.

Standing on one leg is very dependent on footwear and floor covering I
find.

Brief article on simple health checks. I don't have a url but for those
50 and up it suggests grip strength,

How are you supposed to check that without a dynamometer?

timed repetitive standing from a
hard backed chair sitting position and standing on one leg with your
eyes closed.

Eyes open, I'm fine if a little wobbly. Eyes shut, 5 seconds is
difficult. I guess my inner ear balance organs are shot. Fortunately I
don't suffer from sea sickness.

I have long used standing on one leg alternately as a way of relieving my
feet when standing for long periods. I sometimes get odd looks when I do
it in public without thinking.

they probably think you're a freemason.