Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Volvo gear changing

In article ,
Chris J Dixon wrote:
Surely the 1800 came after the introduction of yer basic 20/50?

You are quite right, but it was certainly something different
that I tried. I don't think it was simply a winter grade. The
intervening 36 years have blurred all details of the cure, whilst
memory of the difficulties of negotiating the evening traffic
without a full complement of gears remains vivid.

I had an Austin 1800 MkII for many a year - and don't remember selecting
first being anymore difficult than other BMC cars (or others of that era)
It was a cable change one too - later cars had a rod change. Which wore
out quickly. ;-)

--
*Real men don't waste their hormones growing hair

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.