PukeTarget

Default ADVICE NEEDED ON TURNING TOOLS

Dave,
Unfortunately, the words Harbor Freight
make most of us cringe. I have been using the Harbor Freight HSS turning tools
since they first started selling them. I purchased the set because I needed a
1/4 " spindle gouge. I thought what the heck do I have to lose? I was quite
pleased then and I am still using the tools. The steel is very good regardless
of the price. By purchasing the set I was able to buy a complete set of tools
for the price of a name brand gouge.

I discussed the steel quality with a friend who has been a tool maker for many
years. He agrees that the Chinese HSS is very good quality steel(but he does
it quietly).
Bill Sullivan
Fort Myers, FL