Dave Mundt

Default ADVICE NEEDED ON TURNING TOOLS

Greetings and salutations.

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 04:31:01 GMT, wrote:

I need advice on what would be a good set of turning tools, you know
gouge, parting tools, ect. I want to do some bowl turning and I
understand that, those are different types and fairly expensive. Can I
use the bowl turning tools for regular turning? I don't think I can
afford two sets so any advice would be appreciated!
REMOVE "NOSPAM: FROM ADDRESS WHEN REPLYING

Well, I would recommend the "good" set that Harbor Freight
sells. They are decent quality steel, and are pretty inexpensive.
Here is a URL to them...
I am not sure if this is the same sort of set i bought last year,
but, I suspect it is...and, I am pretty happy with mine.
Not high end...but pretty decent.
Regards
Dave Mundt