Posted to rec.woodworking
Ken Moffett[_2_] Ken Moffett[_2_] is offline

Default Review of the Dust Deputy Cyclone

wrote in
:

I bought a dust deputy a few years back and never got to
use it becasue it was in two pieces ( flimsily made) so I
just put it on the shelf for another day. Today I thought
I'd finally try and fix it so I could use it. I contacted
oneida who said there are two glues available but when I
looked they say they do not stick to polyethelene. I
understand this is a common problem with the older plastic
dust deputy's which Oneida confirm it is and tell me they
changed the design.

Am I glad I bought it - NO
Would I buy another - No Way
Would I recommend it - You would be a fool to buy one of
these. Don't waste your money on this cheap flimsy bit of
plastic.

What am I going to do now. maybe make a youtube video to
warn others and then throw it in the junk.

Three in the shops at work and one at home. Not a central vac
system, but think they're great. The one at home is on a 15
gallon fiber drum.