Jim M

Default Anyone own a One-way 1640

Hi Harry,
I haven't used nor own a Oneway 1640. I however do own and use a Oneway
2436 and it is a great lathe. It's rare that you see people having problems
with Oneway lathes. And even if and when they do, as you probably have seen
here on the newsgroup, Oneway is quick to handle the situation. They build a
great lathe and have great customer support.
I did see the 1640 at the Pasadena symposium, and saw parts of it in
pre-production when I visited their facility last spring. Looks to be a very
good machine.
I do want to ask you a question that I want you to think about. And that
is how large a diameter do you plan to turn and how often. Basically are you
going to turn primarily 16" and under bowls. Or are you thinking that you
will buy the outboard extension as well to give you more capacity? If the
former is true, then this is the lathe to get. If however you are thinking
of also purchasing the outboard with the lathe or in the immediate future,
then I would suggest moving up to either a 2036 or a 2436 lathe to begin
with.
--Jim M.

"harryc" wrote in message
Anyone Own or Use The New One-way 1640 Lathes-Impressions?

--
Harry