Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Its final..corn ethanol is of no use.

On 4/24/2014 11:26 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 02:46:12 -0400, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

On 4/24/2014 12:02 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 11:26:20 -0400, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

On 4/21/2014 11:35 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 14:30:29 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

--much snippage--

So those that were pushing corn for fuel were literally starving the
poor in Mexico and other countries..simply out of greed and Green.

"Green" my ASS! It's a bummer for poor folks everywhere, though. I'm
somewhat allergic to corn now, and I'm having a helluva time trying to
find things NOT made with it. It's getting tougher.

How did you find out you were allergic to corn? What an odd allergy,
isn't it?

Not odd any more. They've been putting it in so many things, people
are developing corn allergies all over the place. Googlit.

I discovered mine by paying attention, just sleuthing out what I was
eating the day before I started hurting all over. Coffee, sugar, and
nightshade plants (tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, chiles, and peppers)
are the others. I found the nightshade allergy about 25 years ago when
dating a girl whose mom was studying to become a Naturopath in
California. She muscle tested it (kinesiology) and when I stopped
eating most of those foods, I started feeling ten years younger and
3/4 of my arthritis pain stopped. It sobered me up in a hurry.

Since then, I've found the coffee allergy (brief shooting nerve pain
and muscle aches, mostly shoulders, arms, and hands) It gets me if I
drink as much as one cup a day for several days. 2 cups in one day
with none consumed in the following week is OK, too.

Tomato and chile symptoms: full body ache, muscles and joints,
probably from the acidification they cause. I've never completely
stayed away from either of these so they're still with me in spades.
8-12 hour delay from ingestion. I still love Mexican food, but I can
no longer eat any at dinner. Breakfast and lunch are semi-OK, but
dinner kills me if I eat anything hot with good, spicy salsa on it.
Chiles affect my wrists and ankles most, with weakness and pain.

Potatoes caused achy intestines/colon. I started being able to eat
these again a year or two ago, in moderation. 12-16 hour delay.

Bell peppers give me indigestion and body aches for a couple days
after one meal containing them. Nasty things. I don't eat them.

Eggplant never caused noticeable distress, and I can eat it again
today after pretty much shunning it for 25 years.

Corn was related to sugar ingestion and caused my patellar tendinitis.
Within three days of cutting the majority of corn out of my diet, my
knees were completely strong and pain free again. Blew me away.

Sugar consumption gives me general weakness in my muscles. It hurts
to work hard after eating desserts all the time. I switched to fake
sugars and they don't cause the problem at all.

I'd be willing to bet that well over half the maladies which cause
people consult doctors are caused by food allergies. Both doctors and
patients are completely unaware of these, too, amazingly enough. With
the price of health care, I'm surprised no insurance companies demand
food allergy testing. It would save them trillions of dollars.

As Justin Wilson said, HooEee, ah gare-on-TEE!

You're a MESS!

Nah! g It's semi-dysfunctional, not life-threatening. And now that
I have them spotted and avoid them, it's no big deal. But I'm in good
shape, compared to most people my age. Really good shape. I walk at
least a mile a day on most days, and hike when I can. How many 60 y/o
guys do you know who are only 13 pounds heavier than they were in high
school? 'Course, my shape has changed a bit. (No 6-pack abs like when
I was on the swim team.

I empathize with you a little though, certain pollens in
the spring and others in the fall get me stuffed-up and in need of a
rescue inhaler and I don't tolerate artificial sweeteners.

I had horrible allergies in AR growing up, and missed weeks of school
per year to them. Moving to CA, the allergies dropped by 60%. Now
that I'm in OR, they're down to maybe 10% of what I once suffered.
I'm in good shape up here.

--
Stoop and you'll be stepped on;
stand tall and you'll be shot at.

Swimming is such a great activity, do you still swim?