Bill Rubenstein

Default ADVICE NEEDED ON TURNING TOOLS

In article ,
says...
After reading Woody's review, I retract my humble opinion. The weather
changed. I didn't know an _oval skew was included. It is _not an
improvement over the traditional skew, and the person that perpetrated
this crime on unsuspecting novices ought to be strung up. Just my
mildly stated opinion. Arch

Fortiter,

We agree on oval skews -- they suck. Buy a regular skew and ease the
edges on your grinder to make it less likely to gouge your tool rest.
And, for smaller sizes (3/8 and under) make your own from round hss
drill blanks. The round shape makes the tool much more predictable when
rolling beads.

Bill