Woody

Default ADVICE NEEDED ON TURNING TOOLS

wrote in message
I need advice on what would be a good set of turning tools, you know
gouge, parting tools, ect. I want to do some bowl turning and I
understand that, those are different types and fairly expensive. Can I
use the bowl turning tools for regular turning? I don't think I can
afford two sets so any advice would be appreciated!
REMOVE "NOSPAM: FROM ADDRESS WHEN REPLYING

If you are after a good beginners set that will handle a lot of different
tasks, then something like the Robert Sorby 67HS 6-piece set will be a good
starter set. It's not the cheapest set going around, but it is high quality
and has all the tools you need to get started with both bowl and spindle
projects (and many more). Basically, it includes a roughing gouge, bowl
gouge, spindle gouge, skew chisel, parting tool and a round scraper.

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski
Editor,
Online Tool Reviews
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Latest 5 Reviews:
- Woodworking Techniques & Projects
- Kreg Right Angle Clamp
- Bosch 3912 (GCM12) 12" Compound Miter Saw
- Dowelmax Doweling System
- Ryobi CDL1802D Pro Series 18v Cordless Drill