Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Review of the Dust Deputy Cyclone

On 4/23/14, 10:28 AM, wrote:
I bought a dust deputy a few years back and never got to use it
becasue it was in two pieces ( flimsily made) so I just put it on the
shelf for another day. Today I thought I'd finally try and fix it so
I could use it. I contacted oneida who said there are two glues
available but when I looked they say they do not stick to
polyethelene. I understand this is a common problem with the older
plastic dust deputy's which Oneida confirm it is and tell me they
changed the design.

Am I glad I bought it - NO Would I buy another - No Way Would I
recommend it - You would be a fool to buy one of these. Don't waste
your money on this cheap flimsy bit of plastic.

What am I going to do now. maybe make a youtube video to warn others
and then throw it in the junk.

Are you saying it was damaged/broken on arrival?
Don't you think they would've accepted a return and replaced it
immediately had you notified them sooner than "a few years?"

You're ripping on a company because of your foolishness and ripping on a
product you never used. I look forward to your youtube video about
this. Be sure to do two things.
1. Mention you didn't act on the situation until "a few years."
2. Turn off the youtube comments option unless you're want to read two
hundred comments from people telling you what an idiot you are. :-)

I won't go as far as calling you an idiot, but they certainly won't hold
back.
I think you're just frustrated and needed to vent and I get that. We've
all done similar foolish things and that doesn't make us foolish... just
temporarily for a time. :-)

You paid the stupid tax, now move on.... but don't post that video
unless you're a glutton for punishment.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)