Chuck

Default Chain Saw durability

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 02:16:37 GMT, "Leo Lichtman"
wrote:

I would still be interested to know what "Durability 50 hours period" means.
One interpretation would mean that it would be quite easy to wear it out in
a year. The other means that you can pull the trigger on and run full
throttle until it is out of gas--stop and fill 'er up, and go tankful after
tankful like that for a total of 50 hours before giving the saw a rest.
That's two days around the clock. No one in his right mind would run a saw
like that.

Leo,

My guess would be the useable lifetime of the thing is 50 hrs. I was
looking at saws at WalMart the other day, and saw a Poulon and some
other brand whose name escapes me at the moment, both of which had
little signs on them (from the manufacturer) that said, and I quote,
"For occasional use only."

I asked a saleswoman who was standing there if that was one of the
selling points...

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com