Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Well , kinda OT , kinda on

On Sun, 20 Apr 2014 14:41:12 -1000, "John Keiser"
wrote:

I have fixed several monitors with bad capacitors and/or blown output
transistors. All good results.
I tried to fix several with bad CCFL tubes. Much trickier. If you have
disassembled the screen to the point that you have free diffuser/polarizing
sheets, I think reassembly is problematic. Not sure what magic is needed
but I did not possess. My guess is that sealing the cracks will only make
things worse.

I tend to think you can't make cracks disappear either. Certainly not
with glue inc. crazy glue, but maybe with a solvent like acetone. I
don't know how thick the plastic is but one small drop every inch or
half inch, for 1/8", more if it's thick.

As a spare monitor, probably somewhat useful with the streaks.
But you are at the learning stage so let us know how it comes out.

yes indeed.