AHilton

Default Chain Saw durability

Perhaps it means 50 hours until recommended servicing? A thorough internal
cleaning, overhaul, or something similar? I've never heard of such a thing
regarding a chainsaw and my family has been logging since the 30's from
Idaho to Missouri.

We primarily use Stihl saws for our small logging operation and have liked
them fairly well. For the bigger ones, we get those custom made and
serviced.

As far as nobody (in their right mind is debatable bg) running a saw for
50 hours at a time .... well, it happens. g Did it a few months ago when
the tornados ran through here (southwestern Missouri). The saws would get
an occasional hour break or so but pretty much ran for 3 days straight with
2 crews and then a few weeks straight of 10 hour days. Now, it's gotten
down to normal work which is a few days a week for 8 to 10 hours at a time.
50 hours durability? HA! That wouldn't last us till lunchtime. g Surely,
it HAS to mean something different.

Get a good chainsaw but it's very easy to go too big or too small. Just
don't go cheap or it'll bite you (pun intended).

- Andrew

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message
I would still be interested to know what "Durability 50 hours period"

means.
One interpretation would mean that it would be quite easy to wear it out

in
a year. The other means that you can pull the trigger on and run full
throttle until it is out of gas--stop and fill 'er up, and go tankful

after
tankful like that for a total of 50 hours before giving the saw a rest.
That's two days around the clock. No one in his right mind would run a

saw
like that.