Grandpa

Default Chain Saw durability

I'll second the Husqvarna. I've got the Rancher 55 (18" & 53cc) and
would recommend it to any and all. Mine starts easily, cuts thru wood
like a knife thru butter and hell, its just plain GREAT. BTW, Sears
sells them as does Lowes - hmmmmm, low price guarantee!!! Got mine for
$286 incl tax in a price war between the 2 places that way. I'll only
use mine in the fall for firewood but having had a 12" POS (piece of
SH*T) at one time, I opted for the best. FWIW, I think the Craftsman
saws are made by Poulon. This is one area where quality should not be
compromised. When you're far from the casa wanting to cut wood the last
thing you need is a saw that has an attitude.

Gerald Ross wrote:

You won't regret buying a Husky. Get at least a 17 inch bar, you never
know when fortune may smile on you with a 20 inch tree. I went through 3
cheaper saws before I saw the light.
There is nothing like fiddling with a balky engine trying to get it
going to ruin your day.

Denis Marier wrote:

Yesterday, I was looking at Sears Craftsman chain saw. On the label it read
42cc and durability: 50 hours period. Poulan's label also reads: 40cc and
durability 50 hours period.
Does this mean that its intended for 50 hours of use over time or continuos
usage?
At the STIHL dealer a 16" chain saw label reads 38cc and no mention of the
durability?
The price tag of a STIHL is two to three time of a Craftsman or Poulan Pro.
I am only a beginner and I am not going to be cutting blanks 5 days of the
week. On the other hand buying a chain saw that would need replacement soon
after may not be the best of investment. I would benefit from comments