Alan McLean

Default Laser pointer use in scroll saws.

I wouod appreciate any comments on the following .

I am cutting 2nd and 3rd generation narrow laminates on a scroll saw.

If I position a laser pointer at the rear of the scroll saw blade so
that it throws a shadow on the laminate ( the narrowest shadow should
indicate alignment) and the shadow is bisected by my premarked point
on the laminate then I should be right.

I am only cutting straight lines so the initial positioning of the
blade is important (assuming my fence guide is accurate).

Yes, I am aware I could use a good cut off saw etc. but as I am using
narrow laminates then I lose a lot of detail (apart from wood).

Query. Is there sufficient width/power from a standard laser pointer
to throw a good shadow? Is it feasible?

I have seen uses in the past on lathes but not in this case

Regards
Alan