Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Its final..corn ethanol is of no use.

On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 18:41:44 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 4/21/2014 4:30 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 08:18:29 -0500, wrote:

On 4/20/2014 7:58 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

In 2000, over 90% of the U.S. corn crop went to feed people and
livestock, many in undeveloped countries, with less than 5% used to
produce ethanol. In 2013, however, 40% went to produce ethanol, 45%
was used to feed livestock, and only 15% was used for food and
beverage (AgMRC).

What they're neglecting is the overall...

Between 2000/2001 MY (market year) and 2010/11, while total US
Food/Alcohol/Industrial use went from roughly 2000 MMBu to about 6000
MMBu, Feed and Residual use went from just under 6000 MMBu to 5000 MMBu
and total production went from 10000 to 13000 or almost that 40%
difference. Exports remained almost flat at 1,800-1,900 MMBu/yr.

So, IOW, there's no shortage of corn.

However..there has been a shortage of other crops as they were not
planted to make room for corn. Thats quite factual and feel free to
look it up.

And our corn exports to many other countries like Mexico were scaled
way the **** back. Sadly the price of corn and corn byproducts in
Mexico went through the ****ing roof. And much of Mexican daily diet
involves corn products.

So those that were pushing corn for fuel were literally starving the
poor in Mexico and other countries..simply out of greed and Green.

I shouldn't but...

Nonsense and nonsense. Corn exports to Mexico are controlled mostly by
Mexican import policy -- they've really squeezed the door on their own
volition not because of any shortage to supply.

If you'll actually look at export numbers they're pretty much consistent
with the exception of last year, the drought year.

Again from USDA ERS Yearbook...

MY MMBu Exports
/90 2,028
/91 2,367
/92 1,727
/93 1,584
/94 1,663
/95 1,328
/96 2,177
/97 2,228
/98 1,797
/99 1,504
/00 1,984
/01 1,937
/02 1,941
/03 1,905
/04 1,588
/05 1,900
/06 1,818
/07 2,134
/08 2,125
/09 2,437
/10 1,849
/11 1,979
/12 1,830
/13 1,543

While some downward trend in -12 and -13, lots of that is owing to
China's rejection of GMO in another of their continuing/alternating snits.

World prices climbed for all commodities, not corn. It's owing to a
multitude of factors the most of which is energy input costs -- the high
price of crude and other derived inputs.

Look in more depth rather than the hysteria and the picture's far more
complicated than it seems (as is the case in most everything).

Really?

http://www.theecologist.org/trial_in...la_crisis.html
http://www.nytimes.com/cfr/world/200... d=print&_r=0
https://www.progressive.org/nafta-co...ls-immigration

Care for more?

Be glad to provide it to you..to help make you less ****ing ignorant
of the world around you.

Gunner

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"