Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Well , kinda OT , kinda on

Zaky Waky wrote:
"Terry Coombs" wrote in
:

My 22" LCD monitor died , backlight problems and I'm not sure if
it's a
power supply problem or the CCFL's ... so I ordered an LED
replacement backlight kit . When I disassembled the screen , I
noticed small cracks in the bottom edge of the acrylic ?
backlight diffuser sheet . They just happen to correspond to the
dark streaks in the screen pre-death . I'm wondering if there's
anything I can use on that edge to seal the cracks ,

There is a special glue filler made just for this

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=screen+glue

Hmm , all the glues I saw at your link were to stick a new screen in
place - mostly on smart phones . I want to repair some cracks in the bottom
edge of the diffuser panel . They leave lines in the display beacause the
light is unevenly diffused . Not an earth-shaking event if I can't fix 'em ,
this monitor is probably going to live out in my shop on a server/storage
box .
--
Snag