Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Running and outside antenna and Cable internet

On 04/19/2014 10:51 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:
wrote:
I am seriously thinking of getting rid of my cable TV and using an
outside antenna and the cable Internet for television. The question I
have is when I put up an antenna can i just plug it into the coax
cable coming into the house? I have my cable internet coming in on
the same cable. Is this an issue or will it work.

Hi.
You can't mix two signals from the air and cable. You connect antenna
coax to TV antenna connector.

If it was just mixing signals on different frequencies, you might be
able to do it with the appropriate filters. However there is the
upstream (cable modem TO cable company) channel to consider. I expect
it'd be easier to put in a new cable for the modem, and use the existing
ones just for TV.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"No man ever got an answer to prayer that he could show to another
person." [Lemuel K. Washburn, _Is The Bible Worth Reading And Other
Essays_]