Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.freeware,alt.home.repair
Tommy Tommy is offline

Default How much ROM does a "typical" Android user need for APP STORAGE?

"Danny D." wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Apr 2014 22:16:21 -0700, Danny D. wrote:

Here's a much more detailed summary, of a "typical" user setup:
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2866/1...05818cf3_h.jpg

FINAL UPDATE:

The 12GB Nexus 5 phone has been given to the gift recipient:
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2908/...d7300024_b.jpg

Not getting into dispute of Android V iPhone - a normal iPhone is 16 gig,
generally about 4 for OS, , but an iphone with 32 gig is only a hundred euro
or dollars extra. All iPhones have a free 5 gig iCloud. I'm not so sure if
that means all accounts or all instruments (I haev an iPad and iPhone and
use both on the same account. Not to worry, I will never ever use up 32
gigs of space

Mine is 32 gig and I still have over 20 free - and I have quite a few
albums, videos and photos stored on it.

I 'allow' the grandkids to play various games too. Even the most demanding
games take up less than 30 MB, that I can gather.

Anyway, I'm not sure if you could buy an android with a larger storage !

iPhone 5s 16Gig retails here (Ireland) for ‚¬680 É (940 $$),the latest iPad
for ‚¬460 É (635$) - I think they're much cheaper in the US :-)

Cheers
Tommy