Simon Avery

Default Shower pump, whole bathroom?

Andy Hall wrote:

Hello Andy

Refitting bathroom soonish, in early planning stages now.

AH| Given the situation, I would look at a chunky Stuart Turner
AH| like a Monsoon 3 bar twin and run a 22mm cold service from
AH| the CW tank to it.

k, That's two votes for that one then. I didn't know about the twin. I
don't think I need the CW pumped though.

AH| Is the shower going over the bath? If so, you could get an

No, different. Wifey likes showers, I like baths - so I get a nice
deep bath that's long enough so my knees don't get cold but only if
she gets a nice shower...

There's only one place a shower can realistically go, and that's in a
recess which is exactly 1200mm wide by 900mm deep. (Existing block
walls) Somewhat relieved to learn that stock trays of exactly that
size are available.

AH| I wouldn't bother including the basin in the equation.

Nah, that's a non-luxury feature. Shower and bath are more important.

AH| If possible, try to mount the pump low - e.g. floor of
AH| airing cupboard, although it's generally not super critical.

Can do, there's a nice section of run in the underfloor void that's
perfect, or will be when I get power to it.

AH| If you can put in a Surrey flange to the top of the HW
AH| cylinder, it's a good plan, then the bathroom will be
AH| completely independent of anything happening in the rest of
AH| the house.

Hmm, googling...

--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK