Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default product endorsement for leaky basements

On Tue, 15 Apr 2014 22:32:25 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 15 Apr 2014 20:48:04 -0500, Ignoramus21087

On 2014-04-14, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Ignoramus16101 wrote:
A house is not a submarine. If it is sitting in a wet area with
improper drainage, water from outside will find its way in.

I had a leaky basement too. That house was next to a river. Sold it
and got one on a hill, with proper drainage. No more leaky basement.

you sort of have a point here about floods not really being too
surprising.

Here in Chicago if you're the lowest point on the block and your drains
are clogged, you're going to flood and that's that.

People still get shocked by this when it happens over, and over, and over
again.

Any place with a sump pit is also a warning the place has and will flood
again.

I have a sump pit in my house, and it never floods. The sump does work
during rains.

I won't buy a house that needs a sump pump. Period. If your sump pump
fails, what happens??? The house floods.
When does power fail? During storms.
When does the sump pump run? During storms.
1+1=2 It is THAT simple

Nor would I buy a house below street level. Both the driveway and
landscaping funnel water toward the house.

--
No greater wrong can ever be done than to put a good man at the mercy
of a bad, while telling him not to defend himself or his fellows;