Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default product endorsement for leaky basements

Ignoramus16101 wrote:

A house is not a submarine. If it is sitting in a wet area with
improper drainage, water from outside will find its way in.

I had a leaky basement too. That house was next to a river. Sold it
and got one on a hill, with proper drainage. No more leaky basement.

This house had been tight, but during really heavy rains (like
6" in one-two days) we would get a puddle from this crack. Otherwise
it was quite watertight. So, I wanted to see if I could fix it, but
didn't want to spend big bucks for some contractor to come in and
do it. It seems the $76 or so kit has done the job!

The house is somewhat U shaped, with the U facing toward the uphill
grade. That probably is a bit of a mistake.

Jon