N. Thornton

Default Electrical wiring inspector?

PoP wrote in message . ..
On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 10:37:53 GMT, (phil)
wrote:

Is there such a person as an electrical wiring inspector?

Getting hold of a suitably qualified electrician is probably your main
problem. There are quite a few have-a-go heroes who may well be
qualified electricians - but I understand that relatively few of them
(about 20% was the number I heard!) are qualified to carry out
installation testing. Check the NICEIC card.....

A NICEIC card is not necessary to do this. What you need is a
competent electrician, and a NICEIC card will up your odds of them
being competent. It wont guarantee it. It should bring you a higher
price too of course.

The sparks I've seen working have varied quality wise, and I cant
think offhand how you'd work out what someone's skill level is if you
know nothing about the subject. Wite down whats said and come ask us I
spose.

Regards, NT