Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default product endorsement for leaky basements

Karl Townsend wrote:

On Sat, 12 Apr 2014 20:28:55 -0500, Jon Elson
wrote:

I have a 35 year old house with my shop in the basement
(metalworking content) and it has developed a leak at
a crack in the wall. I looked around online and
found a kit that looked like it might work.
The outfit is LCR - liquid concrete repair.

I'm a basement shop guy too. Its a walk out so I can drag in all sorts
of projects. Got one huge crack that really leaks. i'll give this
stuff a try.

I hope it works as well as mine seems to have done. One comment,
if the crack is really narrow, hair thin, at the bottom, I probably
should have used a small masonry bit to drill into the crack just
near the very bottom (where the leak is, of course) to allow the
sealer to flow deeper into the crack. Then, you'd put the injection
port right over the drilled hole. But, anyway, we had another big
thunderstorm this morning, and it is still holding.

I'm a HAPPY camper! I HATE leaky basements, with all the stuff
I have there.

Jon