Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default OT computers

Bob_Villa wrote:
On Saturday, April 12, 2014 12:19:31 PM UTC-5, TomR wrote:
Bob_Villa wrote:

Tom...now you're starting to repeat yourself! Try not to
ramble...*L*

True. I did decide to repeat myself here. Seemed like a good idea
at the

time!

I noticed in one of your posts that you installed Windows 7 on a Dell
computer. I thought of doing that, and it is still a possibility,
but my
two computers are Dell Dimension 3000 and are probably too old and
too
limited in resources to be a good choice for installing Windows 7.

The max for the Dim 3000 is 2Gb (which wouldn't be cheap for DDR) and
would fairly run Win7 32-bit. I have some salvaged from a 3000 if you
want it!

Thanks. The 2 Dell Dimension 3000 computers that we have already have 2 GB
of memory installed. But, I think they may have other limitations that would
make putting Win7 on them not a good idea, especially if I can get
refurbished Win7 PC's with more RAM and a high processor speed for not too
much money.

For example, I just did a Google search for "refurbished Windows 7
computers" and saw some through Best Buy (one of their resellers) for around
$230 with lots of memory, higher processor speed, 64-bit, with a monitor,
etc.