Dan Bollinger

Default Color: whether you want to or not the color wheel spins...)

LOL! I'm surprised someone didn't Google this question instead of guess.
Ain't this the information age!? Cocobolo is the second most dense hardwood
in the world. Anything denser that water (specific gravity of 1.00 by
definition) will not float:

Lignum Vitae 1.05
Cocobolo 1.10
Ironwood 1.30

"Bob Pritchard" wrote in message
I could be way off but I think the only wood with a density high enough to

sink
is lignum vitae.

Does cocobolo even float? Ever see a hunk of cocobolo log? It's like
cement! AAMOF, they should call it cementwood. My wood guy has a
bunch of sections, I'll have to try and see if it floats.

Bob, Naugatuck Ct.
http://www.outofcontrol-woodturning.com