Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Another project completed and set up

Leon wrote:
Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:
On 4/9/2014 9:20 PM, Gray_Wolf wrote:
On Mon, 07 Apr 2014 17:11:39 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

3 weeks after buying the materials for the sewing desk it is complete
and ready for my wife to clutter up. ;~)
Leon your your work is beyond fantastic!! Have you ever built fine
guitars? I'll bet you could be a world class luthier.

Thank you Gary, No, I have not done much of anything except cabinets and furniture.

Can you play a guitar, Leon? I can totally understand not wanted to
build a guitar I didn't want to play.
For a player, I think the concept of building your own instrument is very attractive.

No. I played a ukulele when I was a kid but having chopped of half of my
left thumb would probably make learning to play a guitar difficult for a
right hander.

I don't think that's true. Lighter strings would be easier to push down
too. What might be difficult is "finding the time".
The first couple of months can be slow going. So, it you are not going
to play guitar, at least don't blame it on your thumb.
I bet Swingman would be glad to help too. He might have you on stage in
a few weeks! : )

Bill