Arch

Default Color: whether you want to or not the color wheel spins...)

Thank you Dan. I guess that we have now come full circle around this
color wheel, and it sure presented a variety of shades, tints and bold
colors. My attitude toward the thread has also made a sort of circle.
I think I can now put it safely to rest.

As the thread unravelled, at first I was chagrined, then I was confused,
then embarrassed, then irked, then guilty and apprehensive. I reread
the entire thread and began musing (my excuse for wool gathering) about
what it says for our NG.

RCW is a healthy NG. In a small way like war, good things spin off from
bad threads. Embedded in the thread were many cogent comments. They are
important, but I believe that two characteristics that insure the
survival of RCW were displayed: a genuine and selfless interest in _all
facets of woodturning and the innate courtesy of our members. "Manners
Maketh Man" sure applies to this group, and as with family squabbles our
differences seem to make us stronger at the end of almost every COLORFUL
thread. I'm no Pollyanna, but somehow I'm not worried about having to
find a better woodturning group. Thanks for not laughing at my primer,
and thanks for each of your posts. Arch

(Aside to my COC chief. You can't tear my stripes off. You weren't very
crotchety either.)

Fortiter,