Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] captainvideo462009@gmail.com is offline

Default Do latching footswitches always click ?

On Tuesday, April 8, 2014 4:45:39 AM UTC-4, N_Cook wrote:
If something quacks like a duck ...

Alpha M footswitches, have a definite click action by finger feel and by

sound, but only a momentary action. Is there a flavour of momentary

switch that has a click effect for psychological feed back to the

operator? SPDT, 2 have 2J4 and one 2J3 white stencilled on the switch body.

3 such in a piece of kit only 3 to 6 months old, but now only momentary.

I'll break into one to check, but anyone come across momentary switches

with click action?

I put in an alarm system years ago and installed one of those type switches under a desk. We used to call them "kick bars". If you're looking for a silent operation then perhaps a company that sells alarm equipment might be a good source. Most modern alarm systems require only momentary contact to initiate an alarm though. Lenny